Ugh, my shins have been hurting me and it’s really frustrating because every single time I start running, shin splints attack! Grrrr…. So I took an extra day off, but after running pretty fast (lol to me) yesterday, my shins were bothering me today on my run. Also, my ankles were kinda sore, so idk what that was about.
But once i got in, i had some delicious, ginormous muffins to look forward to that would provide me with a whopping 10 grams of protein not to mention, the peanut butter i put on them would add a bit extra protein as well so for breakfast i got close to 20 or so grams of protein. And who says that vegans don’t get protein😉
- just imagine dark chocolate peanut butter on top😛
–1 cup of green tea with a bit of stevia in it (or sugar)
–2 cups of whole wheat flour
— 6 Tablespoons of protein powder (or sub flour)
–1/4 cup of sugar
–2 teaspoons of baking powder
— 1 banana
–1 tablespoon of oil
–1 teaspoon of stevia
–2 tablespoons (or more) of chocolate chips
1. Brew your green tea and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix the dry ingredients, besides the chocolate chips, and then, in a separate bowl, mix the wet.
3. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together and then fold in the chocolate chips. Add water to the mixture as needed (start off with less and then add more).
4. Fill up your muffin liners and bake for 25 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in it and it comes out dry.
*makes six big muffins or 12 mini muffins
I’ve eaten these twice in a row for breakfast– once with banana and peanut butter and then another time with cashews❤
There will definitely be more muffin recipes to come😀 because I’m currently obsessed with muffins, but tomorrow, i think I’ll post something savory.